I'm putting this here to try to be a little helpful. We just moved from v5 to v6 for GlobalProtect, and basically, the setup that we had that, installed the stock pkg from paloalto and relied on a config profile to set our default portal stopped working. I also couldn't get the app to stop an endless "connecting" loop.
So for anyone who is having the same issue, I hope this is helpful. Long story short, you need to package an XML file that installs the system extension with the app pkg and then run a script to install both.
The GP release notes for 6.0.1 speak of a new Simplified and Seamless macOS GP app deployment Using Jamf MDM integration feature. The documentation is helpful but not comprehensive so I'll put it together here.
sudo chmod +x /path/to/file/
#!/bin/bash #install pkg with system extension sudo installer -pkg /path/to/globalprotectapppkg -applyChoiceChangesXML /path/to/xml/file -target / #Delete directory rm -rf /path/to/directory/that/was/installed exit 0
This should do the trick! Again hopefully this is helpful! Good Luck!
Solved! Go to Solution.
@jamf_wroblewski Let's see, I'm trying to think of all the things that could go wrong with a config profile so I spit them all about below.
I would verify that in your config profile in the system extension payload, the teamid is there and correct: PXPZ95SK77 but also that you have
in the allowed system extensions area under the team ID... after you enter that info you need to click the small save button that is to the right of that area before you click the big save button to save the config profile itself... Also, make sure that the config profile exists on the computer that you're testing this with. if it's still not working post a screenshot and I'll take a look!
Yes, it is done.
I created xml file with content you used for deployment. I put it in the same directory as GlobalProtect.pkg via Jamf Composer. When I try to run it manually, everything goes fine. Even when I check the policy logs:
It seems like xml file does nothing. I checked ownership and permissions (root:wheel, chmod +x). And still - nothing has changed.
Faced the same endless connection.
Tested it with Ventura 13.2.1, GP 6.0.4-26 without system extensions and it works.
So PKG + script (without sysext xml) was enough for me.
root# systemextensionsctl list 1 extension(s) --- com.apple.system_extension.endpoint_security enabled active teamID bundleID (version) name [state] * * 483DWKW443 com.jamf.protect.security-extension (4.0.0/764)Jamf Protect Endpoint Security Extension [activated enabled]