I have had the issue intermittently, when I update a profile that was created with an earlier version of JamF. I have tried several solutions, not entirely effective as they cause more issues than I like. I have restarted MySQL database, which has worked, sometimes? I have also removed the old profiles and created new ones.
My most effective method has been to delete the /var/db/ConfigurationProfiles folder and reboot. If that doesn't' work on its own then I may re-enrol the computer and/or delete the computer and re-enrol the computer which is what I am doing now.
I have downloaded and installed the profile manually, but then you cannot replace it when it is updated as you get an error that the profile was not installed by the server (even though it came from the server). I have been searching the discussions this morning for all of the tips and tricks.
Doing some digging into this, I've found
sudo profiles renew -type enrollment
to be also work for this. There is also at least a man page for the profiles binary.
I'm also working to leverage an EA along these lines
#!/bin/sh ENRL=$(profiles status -type enrollment) echo "<result>$ENRL</result>" exit 0