Pending Configuration profiles

EliasG
Contributor

I have pending config profiles for a few days now. Has anyone run into this issue before?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

bughollow
New Contributor III

I have had the issue intermittently, when I update a profile that was created with an earlier version of JamF. I have tried several solutions, not entirely effective as they cause more issues than I like. I have restarted MySQL database, which has worked, sometimes? I have also removed the old profiles and created new ones.

My most effective method has been to delete the /var/db/ConfigurationProfiles folder and reboot. If that doesn't' work on its own then I may re-enrol the computer and/or delete the computer and re-enrol the computer which is what I am doing now.

I have downloaded and installed the profile manually, but then you cannot replace it when it is updated as you get an error that the profile was not installed by the server (even though it came from the server). I have been searching the discussions this morning for all of the tips and tricks.

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

Hows your tomcat cert look? Check this out, too. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203609

EliasG
Contributor

The problem is, it has only worked on a few computers 6 out of 167.

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

what's the output of a

jamf mdm

or

jamf manage

ctarbox
Contributor II

I'm seeing this with a large number of iPads. How would you clear these. In most cases the History is showing that the Profile did update, but I have over 90 of these still showing pending. I don't remember this being such an issue before I applied the 9.9.8 JSS update.

ALengyel
New Contributor II

I am seeing this as well in JSS 9.98.1489423160 I have 250+ iPads that did report it has gotten the configuration profile and 300+ saying it hasn't. When you look at the iPads in the not applied list they have received the configuration.

Never been an issue until the upgrade.

dwoodfill
New Contributor III

I have some Macs I'm trying to push out a VPN profile too. They are all stuck "pending".

giardj
New Contributor

Has this been resolved? I am having the same issue

giardj
New Contributor

Has this been resolved? I am having the same issue.

Debnes
New Contributor

I have the same issue - i have cleared pending command- and then did a update inventory and still the configuration doesn't come down. It goes to some but not all - same device type and IOS version. Any one had any luck fixing this?

tomgideon2003
Contributor

We had this similar issue on some Mac OS computers. In case anyone needs the fix, run these commands in this order on each computer:

sudo rm -rf /var/db/ConfigurationProfiles
sudo jamf mdm
sudo jamf manage

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

Doing some digging into this, I've found

sudo profiles renew -type enrollment

to be also work for this. There is also at least a man page for the profiles binary.

I'm also working to leverage an EA along these lines

#!/bin/sh
ENRL=$(profiles status -type enrollment)
echo "<result>$ENRL</result>"
exit 0