Plan to revote "remote wipe" on iOS about to backfire!

andreagaines
New Contributor II

*That word is supposed to be REVOKE.

I'm hoping someone can help me out of a jam. I am the MDM for a school that collects iPads over vacations. Some students, perhaps desperate to keep their iPads, left them home or didn't come to school on the morning of the collection. I wrote to these students, informing them that they were not to turn of their iPads over break and not until they bring the devices to me April 20th. My plan (now maybe backfiring!) was to issue the Remote Wipe, expecting that it would sit in the command queue waiting for the device to connect to wifi for execution--the same way inventory commands sit. The key thing here was being able to CANCEL the command for those students who indeed kept their iPads off during their vacations. HELP? The command is not queued or PENDING. It's just in the history as executed, even on those iPads with other commands in their queue. Now I have a situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andreagaines
New Contributor II

Oh drat. Now, fifteen minutes later, I do indeed see the command in the queue. How do I delete this post?

This is not the way to start off a vacation.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

andreagaines
New Contributor II

Oh drat. Now, fifteen minutes later, I do indeed see the command in the queue. How do I delete this post?

This is not the way to start off a vacation.