Policy to All Managed Clients, smart group numbers incorrect

paulnz
New Contributor II

We have a configuration policy set to the All Managed Clients smart group. The smart group contains 194 enrolled Macs.

However the configuration profile applies to only 153 clients. I assumed that it may not be applying to 10.6.x Macs, and hence the discrepancy between the total number in the smart group and the number it the configuration profile has applied to, however a search of the All Managed Clients exlcudeding 10.6 Macs gives me a result of a 171 Macs.

Is there something obvious I'm missing, maybe some of the Macs aren't MDM capable?

2 REPLIES 2

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

Lively discussion about incorrect Smart Group numbers reporting here:
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=9236

Read through carefully as there are several very different situations being reported.

chuck3000
Contributor

I'm working with JAMF as in 9.61, apparently there's a "Defect" (I call them bugs), where the smart group doesn't properly update. You simply edit the smart group, make no changes and just save, then click Done.
Voila! The smart group updates. Unfortunately, every time your policy relies on a smart group, you have to go onto the smart group scoped to that policy and edit/save it. Pretty annoying and I hope they fix it soon!