Portable Home Directories and Syncing-- 10.8.2 and Active Directory

sgrall-pfg
Contributor

Has anyone had success getting portable home directories with syncing working in 10.8.2 using the Casper Suite and the Apple AD connector? I can't seem to find a way to get the syncing functional. The Mobile Account "Settings" button is disabled in the Users & Groups preference pane, and trying to force the settings using a configuration profile doesn't seem to work either.

The approved method of backup here on the Windows side is to sync with the user's "H" drive, which is backed up by the backup environment. I've been asked to replicate this as closely as possible on the pilot Mac environment I'm building. I've done a similar setup in other environments with Open Directory only, and it worked fine.

I've been evaluating Chronosync as a way of bypassing this issue, but I haven't found a way to automate the setup.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

sgrall-pfg
Contributor

I've managed to get it working. It seems that having the home directory share automatically mount after logging in prevents home syncing from occurring. I deactivated that using sudo dsconfigad -sharepoint disable. A 10.8.2 bug perhaps?