Post-9.81 upgrade: folders have files with duplicate names within the user library

ETS-FSE
New Contributor II

On preinstalled OS X (we’re not imaging), when we add a new Active Directory user account to Active Directory bound Macs that are already Casper members we see an issue nearly identical to the one posted here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=15425.

“I’m seeing a few specific folders being created as files as I log into my AD accounts on my new MBAir Image. So far its affecting Calendars, ColorSync, Components, Dictionaries, KeyBindings, Keychains, Mail and QuickLook.”

The chief difference between that post and our issue is that the files are created alongside the user folders, but with similar names to the user folders, and this interferes with keychain access, etc. Once the duplicate named files are manually deleted, the issue is resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

endor-moon
Contributor II

This is because one of your packages messed up the default user template. Look for FUT or FEU items in Casper Admin for the configuration you are using and you'll soon find the culprit. Cheers...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

endor-moon
Contributor II

This is because one of your packages messed up the default user template. Look for FUT or FEU items in Casper Admin for the configuration you are using and you'll soon find the culprit. Cheers...

ETS-FSE
New Contributor II

Thank you, endor-moon! I marked your response as “solved” not because it was the fix, but because it was very close and led us to the resolution.

It was reported to me that the technician who built the offending package was using a Casper Suite toolset that was a version behind our Casper server version, and that version mismatch caused the issue.