Profile Installation Failed. Your iPad is not activated.

mfennelly
New Contributor III

Has anyone else seen errors like this? We have a small handful of students who stopped communicating with the JSS post iOS 7. When this happens, we wipe the profiles on the iPad and reenroll. However on these iPad we can't reenroll, because they claim not to be activated. We had had to wipe them and restore from iCloud to get them working again.

I'm hoping that there is a less drastic solution out there.

5 REPLIES 5

anne_benson
New Contributor II

We are seeing the same thing… I am unable to add the profile via configurator, but I CAN reenroll through our enrollment page.

Emmert
Valued Contributor

Is it possible this is caused by a problem with Apple's activation servers?

I'm getting reports from two of our technicians that they've seen this error message recently, and there was some complaint on a local mailing list about various Apple services being unavailable last Friday.

qhle373
Contributor

We saw the error on a cart we rolled iOS 8 out on. We had to manually restart the iPads in order for it to recognize that it was activated in Configurator

Ted_Narayan
New Contributor

I was having this issue. Connected one device to Apple Config. hard booted with power and home button. Once booted back up - pushed the configs and took it no problem. Was able to get this result on three devices that weren't enrolling due to "iPad is not activated".

Malcolm
Contributor II

I've come across this problem my self, but seems to be noticeable a fair bit lately.