Push mp3 files to wireless devices

Dr_Macintosh
New Contributor II

We use iPods for school exams here and currently the way we get these exam files onto the devices is to plug all of them in and sync the files over to the devices using finder on a mac. This currently works but can be a long process as we have over 100 devices to put these mp3 files on. This has to be done everyday for a different exam during this period.

I was wondering if anyone knew a way that i could get these files to the devices remotely. They are in single app mode to iTunes at the moment but if any other apps can achieve this i can just lock them down to this app instead. I did think about using OneDrive but the department all ready have a OneDrive account with all resources on them so the students could just cheat on an exam if OneDrive was used. is there anything else where i can upload to a file share and the iPods can access this remotely.

many thanks for any advise on this.

1 REPLY 1

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

@Dr.Macintosh

Have you thought about using AirDrop to send the mp3 files from the Mac to the iPods?

I suggest that you check out the free app Documents by Readdle. It has a built-in media player and can connect to many kinds of storage, including SMB file shares.