Questions regarding Azure AD/NoMAD

woodsb
Contributor

Hello,

My organization is trying to decide between using Azure AD or NoMAD and NoMAD login. If we were to use Azure AD, would we need to use Jamf Connect as well? Is it possible to integrate Azure AD into Jamf without Jamf Connect? What are the benefits of using Azure AD over NoMAD and NoMAD login?

2 REPLIES 2

sharriston
Contributor III

Azure AD would work in conjunction with NoMAD and NoLOAD. So basically create user accounts on Azure AD then use NoLOAD to create the account using AD credentials. NoMAD would then allow you to keep passwords in sync between the Azure AD and the mac. Jamf Connect is just NoMAD Pro rebranded and I'm pretty sure the main advantage is Okta integration. Hopefully someone else see's this and either adds to or corrects any info, but this is how we use NoMAD and NoLOAD.

maximilian_heyn
New Contributor

Hi there, i think this comes a little too late, but i have had the same question as well. I wasn't able to find any documentation that leads me to the correct way to add my Azure AD tenant to the NoLOAD configuration. I think the advantage of Jamf Connect is not just Okta but rather all online user directories. We at least have to decide if we want to bind to Azure AD, which allows us to ship new Macs to all locations world wide, or if the colleagues have to be at a location. Jamf Connect costs at least 600$ per year.