QuickAdd.pkg install failing

mjswallow
New Contributor

Hi guys,

Having some trouble enrolling my Mac with the QuickAdd.pkg I created through Recon. I can enrol by other means, but I want to create a QuickAdd package to enable me to distribute this throughout the company. Below is the error log:

Jun 23 12:17:13 MattS-MBPr installd[813]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “QuickAddUK.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/xxx/xxx/QuickAddUK.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=QuickAddUK9.92, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “QuickAddUK.pkg”.} { NSFilePath = "./postinstall"; NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package U201cQuickAddUK.pkgU201d."; NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/xxx/xxx/QuickAddUK.pkg"; PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "QuickAddUK9.92"; } Jun 23 12:17:14 MattS-MBPr Installer[5457]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. Jun 23 12:17:14 MattS-MBPr Installer[5457]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI. Jun 23 12:17:14 MattS-MBPr Installer[5457]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

(replaced a couple of directories with xxx)

4 REPLIES 4

corbinmharris
Contributor

I had this issue last week. We're running JSS 9.92 and the version of Recon was 9.91. Using Recon 9.92 resolved the issue. These were my errors -

Jun 20 13:40:26 ox-0169-sta installd[982]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “QuickAdd.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/techadmin/Desktop/casper%20packages/QuickAdd.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=QuickAdd9.91, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “QuickAdd.pkg”.} { NSFilePath = "./postinstall"; NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package U201cQuickAdd.pkgU201d."; NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/techadmin/Desktop/casper%20packages/QuickAdd.pkg"; PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "QuickAdd9.91"; } Jun 20 13:40:26 ox-0169-sta installd[982]: PackageKit: Running idle tasks Jun 20 13:40:26 ox-0169-sta Installer[4996]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “QuickAdd.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/techadmin/Desktop/casper%20packages/QuickAdd.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=QuickAdd9.91, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “QuickAdd.pkg”.}

strider_knh
Contributor II

I know with JSS 9.91 it would fail because of a version check it did with the binary. We are hosted so the version is technically 9.91.########## which fails a comparison with 9.91.

I have had this problem since at least January whenever I run Casper Remote. It always says that the latest binary isn't installed and once again downloads and installs it. I reported this and the Quickadd issue to Jamf. If @corbinmharris is right then they fixed the quickadd issue but since I am still on JSS 9.91 and don't know about the other issue. I am hoping they finally fix it, not a real problem but it is really annoying for our support staff to have to wait for the binary to install every time they need to run Casper Remote for to either install something or to access a remote computer.

mjswallow
New Contributor

Ah, in that case, it may be that my version of Recon is too new. I'm using Recon 9.92 and my JSS is on 9.81. I'll download the 9.81 version of the suite and give it a go.

marklamont
Contributor III

Watch out if you have string based ea's set in the jss because 9.81 quickadd will wipe them.