I would be curious about this as well. We do have an old LDAP configured that has broken, but our newer one has been in place for more than a year. I am nervous to delete the old one (which is evidently currently not working) as I am not sure what else that will break. I did open a ticket with Jamf to try and find out though.
I know this thread is many years on, but hopefully this info will save someone some headache:
We had the same issue, and for us it was a matter of getting the group membership information pulling from the right place and ensuring that our LDAP search base(s) weren't too narrow to find the correct information.
We ended up switching the Membership Location field to pull group membership data from the "memberOf" field of the User Object, rather than the "member" field of the Group Object.
This thread solved a similar issue for us too! We had this error under Config Profiles though, not Policies. The one addition I can make:
We are using JumpCloud for LDAP. When switching User Group Membership Mappings from Group Object - member to User Object - memberOf I also had to check the box to use distinguished names of user groups.