"Jamf" wants access to control "Finder".

EDmsm
New Contributor II

I'm seeing this issue with certain installers on Sonoma 14.6.1. When deploying via recurring check-in trigger, the policy just fails. When triggering via Self Service, I see the pop-up (attached) and after accepting and authenticating, the install works as expected. 

I've dug through some older threads to see if there was a problem with the Jamf and Terminal PPPC that we use but I can't find the issue! 

I've attached screenshots of the Config Profiles I've tried, also tried the one linked below but no joy! Please could someone help me find what I am missing!

https://github.com/jamf/JamfPrivacyPreferencePolicyControlProfiles

Jamf Finder.pngJamf 1.pngJamf 2.pngTerminal 1.pngTerminal 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

if you just build a pkg with the app.. dragged in.. then you don't need to do anything... if your getting popups like this.. something else is wrong.. fix the pkg / issue.. don't grant access... 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

what are you installing?  

you should not need any of the above config profiles.. 

EDmsm
New Contributor II

This firmware updater for soundcards that we use is one of the few things that need it:

https://www.lynxstudio.com/downloads/aurora-n/#Firmware

The software itself is fine, it's just the installer that needs this extra permission. 

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

checking pkg with Suspicious Package.. the post instal script just wants to open the app.. no idea.. why.. re-pack the app without the post install script.. 

jamf42_0-1726662588280.png

EDmsm
New Contributor II

The version I am deploying has been repackaged using Composer. I didn't include any post-install scripts so I don't think that's the part that is causing the issue. Is there nothing I can add to a PPPC to give Jamf that permission? 

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

if you grabbed to app and made a new pkg in composer.. then its just an app.  

not to tell you how to do.. but...

open composer.. new - modified - name it - delete all - create Applications folder - add app to folder - fix perms.. build..

EDmsm
New Contributor II

Yeah I did that with this particular one and still see failed policy and "Jamf" wanting access to finder. As mentioned, this isn't the only package that I am having this issue with so really I am just looking to give Jamf the permission it needs to run the installers. 

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

if you just build a pkg with the app.. dragged in.. then you don't need to do anything... if your getting popups like this.. something else is wrong.. fix the pkg / issue.. don't grant access... 

EDmsm
New Contributor II

Rebuilt and issues are gone. Thanks for your help!