"The JSS has received a feedback error from the APNs Server."

skeb1ns
Contributor

Hi,

And another issue following my profile mess up located here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=20266

My solution to this issue was to simply install a second profile and don't bother with removing the faulty profile because our machines need a refresh anyway when macOS Sierra lands. But a few machines that I wanted to test the profile on don't receive the new profile and a look at the machine's management page shows the error "The JSS has received a feedback error from the APNs Server."

What is going on here? The client itself is fine, it checkes check in, I can deploy software to it etc. Reinstalling the client using a QuickAdd package doesn't fix it, the error still exists.

Anyone? Sigh...

5060c9682462490d9a1d5bbad57dba96

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CorpTech
New Contributor III

Actually, yes, we have had this issue too. I contacted our TAM and there seems to be a pretty simple fix. We made a policy that runs the command.

jamf removeMDMProfile; jamf mdm

That seems to have taken care of it. Granted I did this only a few days ago, but so far it has been working where I have checked.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

skeb1ns
Contributor

Anyone?

CorpTech
New Contributor III

Actually, yes, we have had this issue too. I contacted our TAM and there seems to be a pretty simple fix. We made a policy that runs the command.

jamf removeMDMProfile; jamf mdm

That seems to have taken care of it. Granted I did this only a few days ago, but so far it has been working where I have checked.

skeb1ns
Contributor

Thanks! That fixed the issue for me. Dit your TAM explained why this happens sometimes?