Realtime macOS hardware monitoring

_aDiedericks
Contributor

Hi there,

Does anyone know of an app (preferably tied to Jamf) that is capable of hardware diagnostics? i.e temp, storage limits and general performance related variables.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Jamf has no services or tools that perform a function like this. There are 3rd party applications like ControlUp Edge DX which are able to monitor system performance similar to how you are wanting.

Screenshot of my device from Edge DX, maybe this is what you are looking for.

AJPinto_1-1709215277516.png

AJPinto_2-1709215295756.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Jamf has no services or tools that perform a function like this. There are 3rd party applications like ControlUp Edge DX which are able to monitor system performance similar to how you are wanting.

Screenshot of my device from Edge DX, maybe this is what you are looking for.

AJPinto_1-1709215277516.png

AJPinto_2-1709215295756.png

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

Tachyon supposedly does that with their latest agent.  We're on a much older version that the Mac agent does not do that.  Once we upgrade I hope to test that out.  There's a native binary called powermetrics that can provide all the data in real time. I've seen some blog posts about people creating launch agents and running powermetrics every few minutes and sending those logs to splunk.  Not Jamf but also something you might be able to look at. 

talkingmoose

You might also check out Watchman Monitoring.

https://www.watchmanmonitoring.com/

It was started several years back by Allen Hancock, who seems to be very active in the #watchmanmonitoring channel on MacAdmins Slack.

cdev
Contributor III

I've leveraged Telegraf to do system resource monitoring. It's really low-resource impact on the client and reports on a ton of metrics.