Recommended iOS Restrictions per grade level

tcatech
New Contributor

We are setting up new iPads for our elementary aged students. We have been 1 to 1 in Middle School for quite a while now, but I'm needing some recommendations on younger student restrictions. Can anyone share their Configuration Profile and recommended restrictions for students age 4-10? We are setting up individual grade level profiles, and want to be sure we don't miss anything.

8 REPLIES 8

don_cochran
New Contributor III

)We have a generic elementary school restriction Configuration Profile that we use PreK-5. This was developed with input from our teaching staff. We add additional restrictions for web sites, passwords, wi-fi, etc. individually. This allows us flexibility when scoping and deploying. I have attached a PDF of our profile copied from Jamf Pro. We are currently migrating our iOS devices to Jamf School which has the same capability - it just looks a little different. If you email me I will send you that PDF

waldofamily
New Contributor

@don.cochran Don - Thank you so much for posting! We are working on implementing jamf PRO at our K-8 school in Tulsa, OK. If you wouldn't mind, we would be most appreciative if you would share the PDF of your configuration profile in jamf Pro so we have a sense of best practices across the lower school elementary field. My email address is waldofamily@gmail.com if it's easiest to share directly. Many, many thanks!

don_cochran
New Contributor III

I will put together a PDF with screen shots of our configuration along with the rationale for some of the decisions and email it to you

@don_cochran - I was searching for recommendations for iPadOS restrictions/layout/configurations for K-3 and came across this thread from a couple of years ago. I would appreciate a glimpse at what others are doing for the early learners. Do you still have that PDF, and if so, would you share it with me? My email address is rachel.studnicka@mtka.org. Thank you in advance! Rachel

K_K_
New Contributor II

Hi don_cochran,

I know this is an older post, but wondering if you could share the PDF with me as well.  It's always nice to see/learn how other school are doing.  Thank you in advance!  My email address is kkang@stgeorges.bc.ca.  K.K.

ehstein
New Contributor II

@don.cochran I am newer to Jamf Pro and am deploying 1:1 iPads for K-3 and would really appreciate seeing what you're doing. My email address is evan@fsaconsulting.us.
Thank you in advance!
Best,
Evan

smithe
New Contributor

@don.cochran We are collecting devices from K-12 this summer and looking into rethinking our jamf pro configuration profiles. I was wondering if you could share what you are doing? My email address is smithe@cacsd.org

Thanks for anything you can provide!

jmerwin210
New Contributor

Can you share this with me as well. jmerwin@deerlakes.net