Remote Power for Mac Mini's

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

We have about 60 Mac Minis (2018/2020) in our datacenter. They are using "Sonnet RackMac Mini 2018 rack mounting chassis" which has a button on the front that actuates the power button to the Mini on the Back. This is fine when we go in to the datacenter, but as you can imagine my company ain't too happy about frequent datacenter trips to power fail workstations in a server environment. Anyone have any suggestions on some IP solution to offer remote power to Mac Minis?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gotshallmaxon
New Contributor II

Sounds like a PDU (power distribution unit) is what you're after! Assuming you configure the machines to restart after power failure, all you'd need to do is login to the PDU and cycle the port to cause a force restart.

I'm very happy with the APC AP7900B that I have in a few racks. Not particularly cheap, but a solid option.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

gotshallmaxon
New Contributor II

Sounds like a PDU (power distribution unit) is what you're after! Assuming you configure the machines to restart after power failure, all you'd need to do is login to the PDU and cycle the port to cause a force restart.

I'm very happy with the APC AP7900B that I have in a few racks. Not particularly cheap, but a solid option.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

@gotshallmaxon Thank you! I will start doing some research on that.