Remote restart

applesupport-ne
New Contributor III

Hi, I'm looking for a way to remotely restart my macs reboot after just 1 check in. I've noticed that some configuration profiles do not apply until the machine reboots. I'm not installing any special software or anything, but I would like the machines to go through a normal reboot cycle, something I can control and just bring up when I need the machine to restart

3 REPLIES 3

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi, you can do that via a policy in the restart options, or push it out manually using Casper Remote.

I would probably include it in a first setup script as a final step to ensure it happens automatically and at the right time.

qhle373
Contributor

If you want to manually restart the machine, you can launch Casper Remote, check the box of whatever computer you want, click the restart tab, and restart it from there.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I happen to agree with @davidacland this would be far better in the first run script. That said, you can always have a restart policy that only runs once and then decide how you prefer to control this. Having a machine restart is pretty simple so long as the user isn't on it. It's get's a bit more interesting when you have to give your users options ;-)