Remote wipe smart group issue

thirdspace
New Contributor II

I am attempting to remote wipe the membership of a smart group but this action isn't working. After choosing Wipe Device and clicking Next, there is a spinning dots symbol for a few seconds but the screen down't move on and the action doesn't happen. Other actions like Restart work fine. Any help appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Try scrolling down, you have to confirm the number of iPads you are wiping

[edit] @thirdspace

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Malcolm
Contributor II

how many are you attempting to do? IOS or macOS?

thirdspace
New Contributor II

iOS. Any, from 1 (as a test).

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Try scrolling down, you have to confirm the number of iPads you are wiping

[edit] @thirdspace

thirdspace
New Contributor II

duh - yes - forgot the scroll down thing :/ thanks for the reminder!

mscheffler
New Contributor III

Why would they make the Next button visible when you need to scroll down. Jamf, please change the layout so that the need to scroll down is obvious. Thanks!

kevin_jackson
New Contributor II

Thanks @cdenesha. Agreed @mscheffler; poor design which I would think would be easily rectified. It even allows you to click on and gives a confirmation message...

Janell
New Contributor III

I just tried to remote wipe a static group. It keeps failing. There is nothing to scroll down to so I think they fixed that problem. Nothing happens when I try a remote wipe to a static group. I did the remote restart to the group and that worked fine. Any thoughts?

I'm currently having the same issue, I'm trying to remote wipe a static group as well. I've also tried an Advanced Mobile Device Search and do it that way but it did not work. 

Janell
New Contributor III

Hello, so when you click "Wipe Device" the bottom of the page is cut off. Before you click Next scroll down and you will see it asks you the number of devices to wipe. Type in the number and then click next. I swear it wasn't giving me this option before, but it is now.