Removal of framework breaks OSX WGM

mdeborde
New Contributor

We have had OSX WGM managing preferences for the computers for a while very successfully. The installation of JAMF broke the setup. When the RemoveFramework script was activated all JAMF software was removed but the clients are not responding to WGM anymore. They are Snow Leopard clients. I cannot identify what is blocking the client from picking up the settings from the server, LoginHook, system preference. Is there any area of the system to look at, file to replace / edit / delete?

3 REPLIES 3

PCHS-IT
New Contributor

I have seen the exact same issue. It occurs with 10.6.8 and 10.7.4 clients. Sometimes if I remove the jamf binary by running sudo jamf removeFramework and adding it back using Quickadd it will work. Not always though.

TCS_jamfnation
New Contributor

I have recently had a similar issue. Clients started to randomly stop receiving their managed preferences from OSX WGM. After two days of troubleshooting, I decided to remove the JSS MDM profile to see if this was causing the issue..not thinking that it was. However, after removing the MDM profile the machine instantly started to receive their managed preferences again. All machines were running 10.7.5 and we are running JSS 9.11.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

I'm pretty sure (from my Profile Manager and WGM testing) that if you configure the tiniest setting with MDM, WGM for that policy does not work.