Remove photos / videos from iPad?

Caleb_Anderson
New Contributor III

I'm looking for a way to remove photos and videos from an iPad without doing a full wipe.

We have iPads at our 2nd campus, but they are all pre-DEP and it would be nice to be able to just clear unnecessary data from them at the end of each term without having to do a full wipe, then drive myself there and configurate them all and log in to them again.

8 REPLIES 8

St0rMl0rD
Contributor III
  1. connect the iPad to a Mac
  2. if asked, trust the handshake between the devices
  3. open Image Capture
  4. select all photos and videos
  5. click the red delete button

There is no way of remotely deleting the photos or videos on iOS for the time being.

JayDuff
Contributor II
There is no way of remotely deleting the photos or videos on iOS for the time being.

@St0rMl0rD or anyone else: Is this still the case today?

msnowdon
Contributor

@JayDuff @St0rMl0rD @kingscollege

Hi,

I was came upon this thread because I need to do the same thing. Is the procedure still the same as @St0rMl0rD mentioned?

Thanks

Mark

JayDuff
Contributor II

@msnowdon - I believe Google Photos now has the ability to delete photos after they've been copied up to Google Drive, so the technology exists in Apple's API. But, as far as I know, there is still no way to empty the photos remotely.

user-uXfxyrJEOG
New Contributor

Hi All, A few years on now...is there a solution for this yet ?

TheTeacher
New Contributor

Bump!

AlexHH
New Contributor

I have the same problem with two locations. The students are taking photos on shared ipads and the only way is to delete them manually every month. This is not a funny thing with round about 95 ipad devices :(
We cannot forbid the camera, because it is also used for QR code scanning.

I would love to have one of the solutions available:
1. Forbid the local saving of camera photos.
2. Something like cronjob that deletes all local photos at midnight. 

EDU_Tech
New Contributor

Looking for a solution to this issue as well.