Renewing VPP token error

marcush
New Contributor

Hello,

I have downloaded a new VPP token from Apple and wish to renew this in Casper JSS 9.4
When I browse to the location, Settings > Global Management > VPP Accounts, I then select the account name, click Edit and select Renew Service Token.

I then browse and select my VPP token and click Upload, the Expiration Date then changes and I click the Save button but I then receive the error seen in the image.09f4eee25e874134afdad182ab2ddd2e

I have done this multiple times but the 'Duplicate' error message still appears.

I did think about creating a new VPP Account name and then uploading the VPP token to that but wasn't sure if that would cause any further issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marcush
New Contributor

I created a new VPP Account name and made sure the details where the same as the expired account, uploaded the VPP token and it accepted it fine, I have deleted the account name with the expired token, seems ok so far.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

erice
New Contributor

We had similar problems with 9.81 and getting the token to work that was before in another MDM. What we ended up doing is making sure the other MDM is not online at all anymore. Download a new token. Delete the previous VPP entry in JSS and recreate it. That worked for us.

If you create a new VPP account with Apple I am pretty sure you would have lost all purchases.

Maybe this helps.

marcush
New Contributor

I created a new VPP Account name and made sure the details where the same as the expired account, uploaded the VPP token and it accepted it fine, I have deleted the account name with the expired token, seems ok so far.