Repackaging Vjoon K4 plug-ins for CS Suite

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

hey all,

I've been thrown a quick project for installing Vjoon K4 Plug-ins for CS6, but we are getting little support from the vendor, so i've decide to attempt a repackage with Composer, and hoping someone out there has done this before.

Normally there is an install app called vjoon K4 Clients for Adobe Creative Suite 6.app, which apparently places a Vjoon K4 folder in the Indesign and InCopy folders. this unfortunately seems hit or miss.

In CS6 we also have a plugins folder also located at /Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS6/ and one of the things it does is run a few scripts that disable items in Extensions manager.

If anyone has experience, can i just go to the /Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS6 instead of placing duplicate plugins in idesign and incopy?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shakim
New Contributor III

Indesign and Incopy has a specific vjoon plugin (K4layout and K4edit) and they're required to be placed in the correct application's plugins folder. I created two packages for vjoon plugin deployments
1. For Incopy
2. For indesign
3. Instead of using adobe's extension manager to disable the "conflicted plugins" I just delete them. Please note that anytime you update Incopy or Indesign these plugins area re-installed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shakim
New Contributor III

Indesign and Incopy has a specific vjoon plugin (K4layout and K4edit) and they're required to be placed in the correct application's plugins folder. I created two packages for vjoon plugin deployments
1. For Incopy
2. For indesign
3. Instead of using adobe's extension manager to disable the "conflicted plugins" I just delete them. Please note that anytime you update Incopy or Indesign these plugins area re-installed.

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

That worked perfectly! Thanks.

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

That worked perfectly! Thanks.