Replicated packages not inheriting permissions from Windows Master DP to OS X DP

Cyrano5
New Contributor II

I am running into the following issue.
1. I add a package to Casper Admin from my OS X workstation.
2. My master distribution point resides on a Windows 2008 R2 box.
3. I replicate the newly created package or dmg to "CasperShare" that resides on a Mac Mini.
4. Replication completes and the package or dmg is copied to "CasperShare" on the Mac Mini.
5. The newly copied package or dmg only has 'casperwrite' with read / write access and 'Everyone' with no access.
6. I have to run 'Apply to enclosed items' for the correct 'casperwrite' and 'casperread' permissions to apply to the newly created.

The CasperRead and CasperWrite accounts on the Mac Mini are local accounts.
I will add that I have also tried SMB using AD CasperRead and AD CasperWrite accounts with the same results listed above.

I am attaching an image of the File Sharing settings from my JSS.4dffe09507dc4a3cae561087a76c2a10

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I would look at the ACLs on the Mac mini, specifically the inheritance options.

If the inheritance is ok, I'd suspect some kind of file locking from the files coming from the windows server that's preventing a permission change once the files are copied. Possibly test with a dummy share on the windows server with a very light permission structure and see if the inheritance works ok.

justinkallas
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I know this is an old post, but did you ever get this fixed? I am seeing the exact same thing. Windows Server is the Primary Distribution Point, I can replicate packages to macOS distribution points just fine, however the packages only have "CasperWrite" with full access and then "Everyone" with no access on the replicated packages.