Repush Voice Memo app if user deletes

mberger
New Contributor II

So I need to repush both the stock voice memo app and apple books app to several users iPads. Unlike "Find My iPone" which allows for VPP licenses, those two stock apps don't seem to allow "purchasing" the free vpp codes. When I search the vpp portal it shows:

"That item is not available.
The item you searched for is not part of the Volume Purchase Program."

How can I get these apps back on the iPads? Any help would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bcampbell
Contributor

Books (and maybe Voice Memo) are built-in iOS "system" apps (like Mail and Calendar). While iOS 12 lets you delete the icons for built-in apps, they don't really go away under the hood as I undertand it so maybe setting them to install without licenses will work with no user interaction if you just set it to auto install

Have you tried that?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

bcampbell
Contributor

Books (and maybe Voice Memo) are built-in iOS "system" apps (like Mail and Calendar). While iOS 12 lets you delete the icons for built-in apps, they don't really go away under the hood as I undertand it so maybe setting them to install without licenses will work with no user interaction if you just set it to auto install

Have you tried that?

mberger
New Contributor II

Unfortunately when I try that it prompts the user to sign into itunes. Kind of makes sense because there are no VPP codes associated with it. Any potential workarounds?

mberger
New Contributor II

Disregard. I had a conflicting policy that disabled Apple books. Got it working