Reset iPad apps after use

Philein
New Contributor III

Hi, we are currently using our jamf pro istance to manage some iPads. They are shared among our users (mainly as drawing devices for our graphic designers or to present the proposals to the clients).

The issue i would like to solve is this: sometimes users downlaod and log in to gmail or to the synology drive app with their personal account. This is correct because they are sometimes needed.

I would like to reset those apps every day or when needed. Is there a way to do that without resetting the ipad each time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Viewing a group

Actions>Send Remote Commands>Set Shared iPad Settings

then scroll down - it is way at the bottom of the screen

you can set Temporary Session Only as well as the time out period

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 12.56.39 PM.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RLR
Valued Contributor

You could setup shared iPad use if it's the same users logging in each time.

If you don't want them signing as themselves on the shared iPad you can keep the guest user enabled and have them sign into the guest user account. All data is removed from the Guest user account when they sign out of it.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/apple-business-manager/axmcb8792453/web

Philein
New Contributor III

Thanks! Is there a way to allow only the guest profile? I dont want people to use their apple ids

Viewing a group

Actions>Send Remote Commands>Set Shared iPad Settings

then scroll down - it is way at the bottom of the screen

you can set Temporary Session Only as well as the time out period

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 12.56.39 PM.png

bfrench
Contributor III

+1 on Shared iPad setup.  We use it for our loaner iPads for students.  When they forget their device or it's in for repair they can use the loaner for the day.  We have ours set for only Guest login with a forced logout after 10 hours.  They are able to login to all apps they need.  The next day the iPads are back to the Guest login window.

mickgrant
Contributor III

You should look into Jamf Setup and Jamf Reset. 
its a product that was made for almost your exact set of requirements