RESOLVED - this Jamf Pro UI regression (possibly only Jamfcloud-only) impacting productivity?

gabester
Contributor III

FOLLOWUP - while the PI indicated does not in fact appear to be related to this issue I can confirm the browser UI now displays unique endpoint information instead of generic parent info again with Jamf Pro 10.36.1. Thank you to all who echoed my sentiment to Jamf Support / Engineering that this needed resolution!

Per @AVmcclint suggestion I have submitted a feature request with an unappealing but descriptive and functional a title: Revert/Resolve Jamf Pro UI per PI-010471 - to display specific names in browser window/tab headers

In 10.34 and earlier my tabs looked like this with differentiated headers, that is tab would display the name of the computer / group / policy / profile / script loaded in that tab, such as "Jon's Mac" "Needs Latest macOS Update" "Display Update macOS Dialog" "Restrict macOS Updates" and "checkinaftermacosupdate.sh" : 

PI-010471 jamf pro cloud ui last year.png

After 10.35 upgrade all the tabs now retain the value of the parent (i.e. just Computer / Smart Group / Policies / Configuration Profiles / Scripts): 

PI-010471 jamf pro cloud ui now.png

This may only be an issue with jamfcloud hosted instances or possibly multiserver environments. Are you seeing it? Have you let your support personnel know you need it fixed so you can get back to working usefully in multiple tabs? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gabester
Contributor III

It should not need to be a feature request to restore functionality that already existed. 

I gave it the totally unsexy but as descriptive and functional a title as I could: Revert/Resolve Jamf Pro UI per PI-010471 - to display specific names in browser window/tab headers f...

I also had this one from a long while back - https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-16862 to have the Hardware and Software inventory include not just OS version but also build. Version isn't terrible helpful in the era when Apple patches bugs but doesn't iterate the version or when devices running older macOS still receives security updates - the build almost always changes, but the version is less mutable. (Since this is about me complaining about stuff... I won't even mention the obvious UI feature that the scope add/remove buttons should be on the LEFT so that if your inventory display is set to show a lot of fields you don't have to sidescroll to the right... I don't know how many times I have lost some detailed work because after working on a detailed policy or profile setup, I went into the scope, scrolled right to add one test device, scrolled to the left to find a second one but the default macOS "swipe left/right to move webpages forwards/back" moved my browser session back out of the unsaved policy or profile entirely... )

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I agree that it is frustrating. I am not a fan.  This sounds like the perfect candidate for a feature request. https://ideas.jamf.com

gabester
Contributor III

It should not need to be a feature request to restore functionality that already existed. 

I gave it the totally unsexy but as descriptive and functional a title as I could: Revert/Resolve Jamf Pro UI per PI-010471 - to display specific names in browser window/tab headers f...

I also had this one from a long while back - https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-16862 to have the Hardware and Software inventory include not just OS version but also build. Version isn't terrible helpful in the era when Apple patches bugs but doesn't iterate the version or when devices running older macOS still receives security updates - the build almost always changes, but the version is less mutable. (Since this is about me complaining about stuff... I won't even mention the obvious UI feature that the scope add/remove buttons should be on the LEFT so that if your inventory display is set to show a lot of fields you don't have to sidescroll to the right... I don't know how many times I have lost some detailed work because after working on a detailed policy or profile setup, I went into the scope, scrolled right to add one test device, scrolled to the left to find a second one but the default macOS "swipe left/right to move webpages forwards/back" moved my browser session back out of the unsaved policy or profile entirely... )