Restrict Apple ID on MacBook

johndmac
New Contributor

Hi, is there a way to prevent users signing in to the MacBook with an Apple ID?

In a Configuration Profile in Restrictions, I have the following:

Preferences -> -> Disable Selected Items -> Apple ID Preference Pane, iCloud, Internet Accounts

Functionality -> Disable -> Allow Internet Accounts modification in System Settings (macOS 14 or later, supervised)

But users can still go into System Settings and sign in to their Apple ID. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YanW
Contributor III

One of the versions after Ventura 13.6 started not working. It'll work on all Sonoma. Sometimes, I'll have to do "Send Blank Push" in order to disable the Apple ID. You either keep it at 13.6 or upgrade them to Sonoma. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Sounds like you may have a problem with your configuration profile as that is the payload that would disable it. Have you confirmed the configuration profile is installed on the devices and you dont have another configuration profile managing the same settings?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I can see the configuration profile is installed okay.

There were some old configuration profiles managing some of those same settings but they were not scoped to anyone. To be safe, I deleted those old configuration profiles now and wiped the machine.

I still have the same issue though.

Also, the other parts of the configuration profile is working i.e. I have blocked access to the users and groups section, and that is correctly being blocked for the user. 

YanW
Contributor III

One of the versions after Ventura 13.6 started not working. It'll work on all Sonoma. Sometimes, I'll have to do "Send Blank Push" in order to disable the Apple ID. You either keep it at 13.6 or upgrade them to Sonoma. 

johndmac
New Contributor

That was the issue, I upgraded to Sonoma and it worked. Thanks everyone for your help.

jamf0nit
New Contributor

I upgraded to Sonoma, it will look like it's locked, and then when you close and reopen settings it's unlocked again. Any suggestions?