Restrict Apps

Quinn_maihack
New Contributor

We are working on restricting apps for users whose computers are non-compliant in our company. I tried restricting multiple apps using multiple asterisks (.app) but ended up force logging out of the computer with no popup message once the user logged in. So now I have set for the most popular app (Google Chrome). So two questions in regards to this:

1. Is it possible to create a restricted app or policy that force closes multiple apps when they are opened and have a dialogue box warning appears?

2. When restricting one application using Restricted Software, is it possible to edit the dialog box that appears with a different image than the one provided, it's currently an Exclamation point inside a message bubble as shown below?
    d180fa96a936432cbe2661cd78c24d57

1 REPLY 1

jmandler
New Contributor III

For ease of future modification, I would make a separate Restricted Software policy for each app you wanted. Ex: one for Google Chome.app, one for iTunes.app, etc. You can scope them all to a smart group that contains constraints for "out of compliance" so that the computers will automatically regain access once they get the update. Trying to include multiple processes using wildcards will most likely result in it terminating Finder as it attempts to load on login in addition to terminating the jamf processes that run the popup.