Save the Date: JNUC 2014

cam
Contributor
83 REPLIES 83

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Wow...most awesome!!!

http://macsysadmin.se/2012/Contact.html

Tycho Sjögren (@tychosjogren) 6/15/14, 1:33 PM USA - watch out! Registered today for both Jamf Nation User Conference and the Mac Tech Conference. via Tweetbot
--
https://donmontalvo.com

analog_kid
Contributor

Registration completed! Alas, like several others I'm a JNUC virgin. Hopefully there isn't any hazing rituals á la Rocky Horror...

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Officially registered today. See y'all in October.

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

I'll have to get there around 10 on the 21st and be on my flight by 4:20pm on the 23rd, but I'll be there! Staying at Aloft!

AndyBeaver
Contributor II

Just booked everything! So excited for JNUC 2014....and thirsty.

dvasquez
Valued Contributor

Looks like I am going. Excited and we have a new release to talk about.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

ALOFT is sold out FYI. Residence inn is the next cheapest acceptable option from what I'm seeing. Renaissance looks good, but the cost difference is enough for me to save for another training this year if I avoid it ;-)

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I stayed at the Best Western Normandy Inn & Suites last year, and while it seems like a long walk, it really isn't. I think it took about 20 minutes to walk from the hotel to the Guthrie, which was the perfect time to get some fresh air, exercise, and wake up. They also have a shuttle that will run you to and from the Guthrie, in case you don't want to walk.

The Residence Inn is a great hotel (as is the Renaissance), but it's pricier than the Best Western.

Kevin
Contributor II

I have two rooms at the Aloft, but my colleague now can't attend. If there is any way to coordinate my cancellation with someone who wants a reservation, I will work with you to secure the Aloft…

Kevin

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@stevewood I also usually stayed at Best Western Normandy Inn & Suites. Not sure why I reserved a room at Aloft, probably because there was so much talk about that place. Meh, I need to stop trying to keep up with the Joneses. :D

--

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@donmontalvo I'm at the aloft this year, only because it's nice and close and we usually do things afterwards along Washington Ave.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

I'm apparently staying at the Aloft. (Company booked things for me.) The Aloft I stayed at in Dallas was like a club with bedrooms upstairs, hopefully this one is less annoying. I do enjoy free WiFi, though.

dvasquez
Valued Contributor

I believe I stayed at the Marriott Suites. I did not mind the walk or the bike ride if it was nice. A little pricy but the rooms were comfy. Company booked late last year so that is where I stayed.

TomDay
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I'm booked at the Aloft. Stayed there last year, if there aren't anymore rooms under the Jamf conference, call Jamf and ask them to add more rooms to the block.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

its basically a club with bedrooms upstairs. But, it may be less annoying, not really sure. I don't necessarily desire to stay at other Aloft's around the country to find out.

I didn't go last year, but in 2012 I stayed at the Holiday Inn. Its across the highway overpass, so a short walk to the Guthrie and other happenings, so not too bad. Not expensive and offers a real breakfast, unlike the Aloft's hipster sandwiches to go.
I still need to take care of my bookings, so I may try for that if they have anything available, or the Residence Inn or Renaissance. I stayed at the Renaissance once and its nice. Might choose that since the company is paying and they aren't too concerned about the cost.

analog_kid
Contributor

Even though it's not a conference hotel, I'm staying at the Hyatt Place downtown. The nightly rate was third least expensive compared to the others, at least at the time I booked. It also appears to be a short walk to the Guthrie.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@mm2270 wrote:

its basically a club with bedrooms upstairs.

Having lived in Midtown Manhattan for 30 years, I'm looking for peace and quiet. ;)

Not sure if I can call Aloft and transfer the room to someone, or if they have a strict waiting-list policy?

--

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

I was at aloft last year. Seemed like a pretty dead 'club' if you ask me.

bentoms

It's not a club. There's a bar in the lobby, which is where people would meet at the end of each day.

Lifts up to rooms & the rooms were quiet.

I'm happy to be staying there again tbh.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Maybe there aren't as many 20-somethings looking to dance to bad music in Minneapolis? I'm so okay with that. The Aloft in Dallas was nice but… navigating the lobby on our way back at night was annoying. And smelly. The rooms were pretty quiet, though oddly constructed (bathroom was behind the bed…).

bentoms

Same room contradiction, not many 20 something's dancing... But a few fellow JAMF users having a drink.

mm2270

OK, not a club like as in, 'there are people dancing all over the place!', - so no worries there @donmontalvo :) but the general atmosphere and décor are more geared for a younger crowd - neon lighting, bar and pool table (I think) downstairs, digital news ticker across the top of one wall, am I right?. Not that any of that's a bad thing, but it depends on what you're looking for. I also don't care for the food offerings. Hardly any place to sit and eat breakfast (not that they offer much anyway) I've stayed at the Aloft at least 5 times in the past and I've had my fill of it personally.
Maybe the last part isn't as important to some (the food), but breakfast is important to me anyway.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@mm2270 wrote:

neon lighting, bar and pool table

OMG

--

rtrouton

@emilykausalik,

After having stayed at the Minneapolis Aloft and the Cupertino, CA Aloft, the Dallas Aloft's room sounds pretty similar to what I had in those two other locations. Right down to the bathroom being behind the bed. :-)

The Minneapolis Aloft is pretty quiet once you get beyond the lobby. The lobby and bar area will be active places in the evenings and you'll likely find a number of fellow conference-goers hanging out, but the rooms upstairs are quiet.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Aloft Hotel's Robot Butler
http://www.engadget.com/video/5min/518367910/

--

pearlin
New Contributor III

If I see that thing in Minneapolis, I'll "John Conner" it. Mankind can thank me later.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

A robot butler, trapped in a hotel with a bunch of possibly inebriated IT folks. What could possibly happen...

ernstcs
Contributor III

Just sending my regrets now. I wish I could make it. I'll miss you all. =(

kedwards
New Contributor

Posted 8/13/14 at 11:52 AM by Kevin
I have two rooms at the Aloft, but my colleague now can't attend. If there is any way to coordinate my cancellation with someone who wants a reservation, I will work with you to secure the Aloft…

Do you still have these rooms available? We need 2 and would love to be closer than we are now.

ClassicII
Contributor III

Sold out!

On waiting list now :/

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@ClassicII Wait, is the Aloft sold out? Or did you mean JNUC is sold out? JNUC. Woah!

--

loceee
Contributor

Next year, for sure.

ClassicII
Contributor III

@donmontalvo

Yes JNUC is sold out. I am really hoping they open up some slots. They are asking people who are not going to please give the reservation back but I don't think enough will do this or maybe every one is just able to make it.

It took a long time to get business approval to go only to find out that the conference is sold out!! Doh..

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@ClassicII Wow, sorry to hear that. Might have been best to sign up first, then get approval. Hope a spot opens up for you. :)

--

ClassicII
Contributor III

@donmontalvo

Good point! Funny thing is i think it was 2 or 3 years ago I did register first but then was denied travel so i figured well ill just wait until i get business approval first. Wrong choice!

If you see a guy in front of the Guthrie holding a sign "need a ticket" thats me. haha

mm2270
Might have been best to sign up first, then get approval.

I was thinking this same thing as well. "Ask for forgiveness" kind of thing. Actually, there would be no forgiveness to ask for. Registration is $0.00 so you could always call up JAMF later and tell them you can't come if that turned out to be the case.
Anyway, sorry to hear you can't make it now. Hopefully something will open up for you. I can't imagine they can't squeeze in just one more person, but I guess it would be a bad precedent if they did that.

ClassicII
Contributor III

Whooo!

Just got the email now!!!

"You've made it off the waitlist!

Thank you for your interest in the 2014 JAMF Nation User Conference.

We're pleased to announce that we have released additional tickets for this event, and would like to invite you to register."

franton
Valued Contributor III

I was lucky. I also got the email and now i've booked flights and airbnb room, I can't afford NOT to visit now!

freddie_cox
Contributor III

Just canceled a room at the Aloft if anyone is still looking they should now have an opening. We'll be staying elsewhere but still attending!

Not applicable

Still waitlisted. Grr.