SCCM Plugin - Installing Error for Permissions

thomast
New Contributor III

Anyone else having issues getting the SCCM plugin to install correctly? We have all the correct information. We tried two domain admin accounts, and we even tried creating a new local admin to the machine (in administrators group), and we still get errors about needing correct permissions or running as administrator when we go to install. We even tried using UAC upped too to show a prompt for installation. All still results in a fail.

Any suggestions? Anyone else had this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

drhoten
Contributor II

@thomast Two things to check on or try. First, are you running the MSI from a local drive and not a network share or drive? And have you also tried running the installer from the command-line that has been run using the Run as Administrator option?

msiexec /i "path	oJamf SCCM Plug-in-3.60.0.0.msi" /lv "path	oInstall.log"

If have verified and tried both, please reach out to support and send us the install.log.

thomast
New Contributor III

That's exactly what fixed it. It had to be run from CMD. Is it possible to include that in the documentation? My manager had tried it later in the day, and had gotten it to work before I saw this post. Thanks, nonetheless @drholten.

drhoten
Contributor II

Glad to hear that resolved it @thomast, and that's a good point we should look at adding a note to our documentation about possibly needing to use that approach.