SCCM Plugin Pulling data from JSS but Failing to sent to SCCM

donparfet
Contributor

The JAMF SCCM plugin appears to be working correctly but inventory data is not making it into SCCM. The inventory data the plugin is pulling appears correct in the debug folder when I select a specific machine to poll for inventory, but when the plugin attempts to upload inventory data I see this error in the log:
2015-11-11 09:25:31,971 ERROR JAMF.JSS.ProxyService.Plugins.SCCM2012.JssDevice - There was an unexpected error sending the data to 'C:Program Files (x86)JAMF SoftwareJSS SCCM Proxy ServiceJAMF.JSS.ProxyService.Plugins.SCCM2012.dll'.

16 REPLIES 16

drhoten
Contributor II

Hi Don -

Is there more information in the log file than just that line? Do you by chance have the plug-in in debug mode?

If you open a support case and send in your log, we can take a look at what's going on.

Doug

donparfet
Contributor

@drhoten that error in the log is repeated for every device in JSS inventory, and logging is set to "INFO"

drhoten
Contributor II

@donparfet Try putting the plug-in into debug mode, by changing the line in settings.xml from <level value="INFO" /> to <level value="DEBUG" />. Let it run, and see if some more detailed information is collected and we can go from there.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi Don, is this a new install or was it working before?

On a new install, we had a few extra steps to do regarding public / private keys that weren't in the setup documentation. I can add a bit more info, but if it was working before for you and has just stopped its possibly something else.

donparfet
Contributor

@drhoten updated log level. we shall see
@davidacland We installed last Spring, but then I installed an update related this summer that might have created a problem? When I run a test from the Helper app it appears to process successfully (Finished Send to JssProxyService is displayed lower left of the Helper app). The only reason I realized a problem existed was that inventory in SCCM was not updating
Debug logging returning additional info:

System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
2015-11-12 08:38:28,775 DEBUG JAMF.JSS.ProxyService.Plugins.SCCM2012.JssDevice - Exiting SendSingleDeviceToSccm()

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Could there be any expired certs at play anywhere? Looks like SCCM is rejecting the connection.

davechristensen
New Contributor II

Not to resurrect an old thread, but we had seen this exact error recently and it was traced to firewalling preventing proper access back to the JSS.

jcroteau61
New Contributor

I am having this same exact issue using SCCM 1706. What are the additional steps needed to setup regarding certificates? Our firewall is not blocking any traffic.

chris_hansen
Contributor

Are you having the original poster's error

...unexpected error sending the data...

or does it seem like it sends, but SCCM never shows the data?

Ours seemed to send correctly, no errors. I finally found that all the Macs were coming in as a single GUID in ConfigMgr. So not really a GUID. The Resource Explorer would show 1300 changes a day. (We have about 1300 Macs) There is a PI for this, it sounded like any console after 1702 might see this.

AUFilemon
New Contributor II

Hey, @chris.hansen , saw your post, about the single GUID issue. Working with Jamf now but just trying to track down the root cause. Last possibility from support is that it may be an issue with an SCCM setting. Just as a summary we're on SCCM 1802 and seeing the single GUID issue. We had a ton of changes, high CPU usage on our SCCM server but no new Macs in inventory. Just a single Mac, whichever was the last one to sync.

chris_hansen
Contributor

@AUFilemon What is the setting? I can take a look at our instance.

AUFilemon
New Contributor II

The issue here was that we don't know which sccm setting, our Jamf support has recommended we speak with Microsoft but we are still dealing with the whole July patching fiasco. :P If any other folks had this issue and resolved it via a setting in SCCM I'd love to hear it.

CFrian
New Contributor II

Following this thread.

Seems like this plug-in has some thing to fix on documentation side. We currently purchased this plug-in too for SCCM inventory and same error, "Unexpected error sending data." As per the logs it has a unexpected NULL value. I'm asking Jamf to pin point what SCCM table/s do the data store in SCCM using this plug-in. But they said that is out-of-scope if I'm asking them to look for the table/s in SCCM. Although, they developed the tool so I suppose they could at least know what table/s they are inserting the data from Jamf to SCCM.

I'll post my updates from my support too. Let's see where will it go.

drhoten
Contributor II

Hello @CFrian, yes we certainly do know what tables are being populated.

There is an Excel spreadsheet we can provide you which shows what attributes in the XML are mapped to the WMI classes in the XSL files, and then the tables and fields in the SQL database where the data ends up. Ask the folks you are working with for this file, and hopefully it will help you with the information you are looking for.

CFrian
New Contributor II

Hi, @drhoten.

Thanks for the feedback. Currently asking my folk about the spreadsheet.

Though, I've made some progress already but still can't send data from Jamf to SCCM. My latest test logs says “Invalid registration state: Error. Cannot continue.” Would you know or have you already encountered this before?

Thank you.

drhoten
Contributor II

Have you been able to get a copy of the spreadsheeting yet @CFrian? I've been OOO, and it's taken me a while to get caught up.

I'll take a look at your other post regarding invalid registration state and post a response there.