Screen Saver only wakes up with Power Button

mconners
Valued Contributor

Hi Folks,

I am not sure when this first started, but I did notice this in the past couple of days. We are on JSS 9.93 and using El Capitan in our labs.

Since moving into these versions, we have noticed if the screen saver has been running for an hour or so, trying to wake it up will not work if using keyboard, mouse or trackpad. The only way to wake the system is to use the power button. Waking the system within 15 or 30 minutes of the screen saver beginning will wake normally.

Has anyone else experienced this or is there a new configuration profile setting that I might be over looking?

Thank you...

8 REPLIES 8

dspencer
New Contributor

I'm seeing the exact same issue. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution.

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

Are you controlling Screen Saver settings with a profile or with custom configurations?

mconners
Valued Contributor

We have a custom configuration to set the login window screen saver that is installed after the initial imaging is done. This is a simple package that created a couple of years ago under Yosemite. The screen saver itself is not set.

I wonder if this could be the problem? I guess it only fails under our El Cap installations.

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

I would think a configuration profile would be a likelier cause if things were fine up until recently. I've upgraded my test instance to 9.93 so I'll try to replicate.

mconners
Valued Contributor

I was looking around in configuration profiles to set the screen saver, but I haven't been successful in finding the setting for screen savers in any profile setting. I saw the option for login window to set the setting there. I am going to attempt to set it as it isn't currently set. Maybe this will fix it.

jordanfleuriet
New Contributor

@mconners - did you get it fixed?

mconners
Valued Contributor

Sorry @jordanfleuriet I haven't been able to solve it. Since are faculty are coming back later this week and next, it is one of those things I am just going to explain to them on how to wake up a Mac. Hopefully a fix will be found...

gunnar90
New Contributor II

@mconners Dredging up an old thread but, did anyone ever find a fix for this issue?

Same issue on classroom machines running 10.12.6 with configuration profile for login window payload set via jss 9.101.