Script exit code: 139

KISDCTE
New Contributor II

I am working on a policy to silently install Maya 2020 and I have a script that works fine when run locally or via ARD but fails with "Script exit code: 139" when I run it in the profile. The script is simple:

/Private/tmp/Install Maya 2020.app/Contents/Helper/Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Setup --hide_eula -I deploy --silent -o /Private/tmp/Install Maya 2020.app/Contents/Helper/manifest/deployment_maya.xml

In the detailed results I get the following:

Script exit code: 139

Script result: _RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL.
/Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/Install Autodesk Maya 2020: line 1: 11429 Segmentation fault: 11 /Private/tmp/Install Maya 2020.app/Contents/Helper/Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Setup --hide_eula -I deploy --silent -o /Private/tmp/Install Maya 2020.app/Contents/Helper/manifest/deployment_maya.xml

Error running script: return code was 139.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

2 REPLIES 2

cizdziem
New Contributor III

You may have already found this, but it sounds like you're running into the same issue described in this thread. In it, another user states that the installer won't run unless somebody is logged into the Mac. That seems to line up with your error "FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer". Anecdotally, in my own testing, I've found the installation of Maya 2020 will only occur if someone is logged into the Mac. I'll be reaching out to Autodesk Support for assistance.

I know I haven't gotten you anywhere closer to a resolution but I at least wanted to let you know that other folks seem to be experiencing similar issues as you. If I find a resolution I'll update here!

KISDCTE
New Contributor II

Thank you sir. This does shed some light on the issue. I'm curious what Autodesk has to say on the issue.