Seattle Apple Admins Meetup: April 9, 2015

Dawe
New Contributor

The time has come to schedule a second formal meetup; Synapse has kindly agreed to host us again on Thursday, April 9 from 6 PM until 8 PM. We'll plan again to introduce ourselves, talk shop on an informal basis, and (possibly) hear pseudo-presentations on subjects of interest, including but not limited to:

-Conferences and other events of interest for 2015, including Macadmins at Penn State University, MacIT Santa Clara, JNUC, the new MacDevOps Vancouver (the best Ramen city in the Northwest), and any others that people care to mention.
-The need/desire to make the larger meetup a regularly-scheduled thing, possibly on a predictable monthly basis, and the merger of this meetup with the also-irregularly-scheduled JAMF meetup, all to allow us to combine our resources and efforts
-Any other thing you'd care to discuss, including training opportunities, presentations that you'd like to make or hear, and so on and so forth; more to come here, I hope.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, please let me know and we'll find a way to make time for it.

Afterward, we'll take the conversation across the street to the cavernous Tap House Grill.

Questions and Answers:

1. Who are we?

This meetup is brought to you by a few members of the Apple and Mac Admin community based in Seattle. They are:

Joe Chilcote (@chilcote)
Chris Dawe (@ctdawe)
Mac Justice (@macjustice) of Synapse
Gil Wilson (@boyonwheels) of Omni Group

2. When is this Happening?

Thursday, April 9, 2015
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

3. Where is this Happening?

Synapse Seattle Headquarters
The Decatur Building
1511 6th Ave. Ste 400
Seattle, WA 98101
http://www.synapse.com/contact/directions#sea

4. Do I need to RSVP?

Not right now; I've been promising myself that I'd work on something like this for a while. Based on conversations with some other folks in Seattle, we're likely to combine this effort with the exiting JAMF meetups.com group, and put something more formal together, but haven't quite organized that yet.

6 REPLIES 6

jonathan_spiva
New Contributor

Bump!

I won't get to make it everybody should attend. Great group and venue.

pdcurry
New Contributor

I've put it on my calendar!

elliotjordan
Contributor III

Thanks @Dawe — and be sure to add the group to http://www.macmeetups.com!

seabash
Contributor

See you there. Thanks again to Mac (Synapse), Chris, Joe, Gil and Jonathan for coordinating.

cgiordano
Contributor

I won't be able to attend but I would definitely like to attend others in the future.

Thanks!
Chris

russeller
Contributor III

How'd the meet up go? I'm a new Casper Admin in the Portland area and I was considering coming up, but couldn't make it. Good turn out? Planning the next one?