Self Service Help

Janothin
New Contributor II

I am noticing that certain applications that are deployed through a policy are not reflecting on Self Service as installed. I tried doing the terminal recon command, but the Self Service portal looks the same. Does anyone have a solution on how to best deal with this?

Side note, I thought about doing smart groups as a solution, however it was decided that all applications should appear on self service, so our community is aware of what is supported by our IT department.

Really hope someone can assist me with this.

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Janothin Unless you want the applications to always show in Self Service you'd need to create a Smart Group for each one that indicates the app is installed then use that Smart Group as an exclusion for the Policy that installs them via Self Service. The state of the Install button in Self Service policies does not indicate if an app is installed, just that the policy has successfully been run.

Janothin
New Contributor II

They would like the applications to label as 'installed' and possibly reflect when a patch needs to be applied for a software update. Do you have any recommendations on how to accomplish this?

mschroder
Valued Contributor

One more comment about the display of the policy in Self-Service: to make sure the policy icon disappears after the install you will need to refresh the inventory, otherwise the smart group indicating that the app is installed will only be updated after the next regular refresh.

We don't offer policies for software updates, only for installation and removal. The removal policies are only scoped to Devices that have the app installed.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Janothin You'd could do something like this: Create a Smart Group for each app. For the Policy that installs the app use that Smart Group as an Exclusion for the Scope so once it's installed the Policy will be removed from Self Service. Create an additional Policy for each app that uses the Smart Group as the Target for the Scope and in the Self Service configuration set the button names to Installed. That policy will appear in Self Service when the app is installed.