Self Service Icon will not show up in Dock per Policy Enforcement

Jsilvers
New Contributor II

I've read through forums and on the web and have seen a lot of different ways to do this, but I don't understand why I can't get the Self Service Icon to pop up in the Dock by using a simple policy with a Dock Item.

The only thing I have had show up is a grey '?' with the path of Self Service.app" when you hover over it.
I know the path I typed is correct because I have other modified Icons in the Dock that have been removed or added, and they all work perfectly. I just mirrored the syntax from those and replaced it with Self Service.app.

I tried with and without spaces. I was going to try using composer to take a snap shot of the dock after manually dragging it down there, but I want to know logically why it doesn't show up like the others. It opens right up when clicking on it in the Applications folder.

Any Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rob_hernandez
New Contributor III

This is all you should need to do. Replace calendar.app with the name of the app you are trying to enforce.

4d0d5bd9c6ea4612a99cf7686e7f7ad9

Of course, the above assumes you've scoped your policy correctly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rob_hernandez
New Contributor III

This is all you should need to do. Replace calendar.app with the name of the app you are trying to enforce.

4d0d5bd9c6ea4612a99cf7686e7f7ad9

Of course, the above assumes you've scoped your policy correctly.

Jsilvers
New Contributor II

Thanks. That seemed to work.