Self Service Yosemite/El Capitan

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I already have Self Service policies setup for Yosemite/El Capitan.

now that these are up to 10.10.5 & 10.11.1 if I download the current installer.app for each will each .app be up to date with each OS's updates ? or will they be the base install with no updates applied ? 10.10 & 10.11

after a person runs the self service policy, afterwards the OS gets prompted to be updated. So If this can be avoided by downloading the current installer.app it will be alread at 10.10.5 or 10.11.1 ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

The app from the app store has all the latest patches included for that moment in time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

steveevans
New Contributor II

to package these up with the latest updates i download the installer from the app store. then pull that installer into AutoDMG and it will build a new dmg installer with all of the latest updates for your policies to use.

AutoDMG

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@steveevans I do what you said when creating a configuration. What I'm doing now is different, I am having people upgrade there OS version via Self Service. Casper Suite instructions say I need to drag the .app file to the main repository of Casper Admin and from there it creates an InstallESD.dmg that I cache ........

I want this to be all up with the latest updates.

the downloaded Yosemite/ElCapitan.app from Apple is not updated already ?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

The app from the app store has all the latest patches included for that moment in time.