Setting Active Directory groups as administrators in Directory Utility, w/ config profile

rahern
New Contributor III

Hi all, to start, I'm running Mojave in all our labs, and using Jamf Pro Cloud. I have a configuration policy set up to allow certain Active Directory groups to be administrators in our labs, but it doesn't seem to be working. In the payload, on the administrative tab, underneath enterprise admins, and domain admins, I put in DOMAINgroup. But it doesn't seem to be working, for example I'm in one of these groups, but my AD account doesn't have admin rights. Ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

Is your slash pointing the right way?

Domain/Group

rahern
New Contributor III

I really thought it was domain/group, is that wrong? And will it hurt to just add both domain/group, AND domaingroup?

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

Don't quote me as I don't use a cloud instance. Just spitballing over here. :) Show your config file.

prabe
New Contributor II

@rahern I do something similar but I only put in the AD group name, not domain/group or domaingroup. My machines are bound to AD. It's been working for the most part, sometimes it takes a reboot for it to work but using just the group name seems to work.

rahern
New Contributor III

Hmm, maybe I'll try that @prabe .