Sharp printer driver with High Sierra

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

computers running 10.13.5 are now getting the following policy failure when installing Sharp printer driver. Anybody have an idea on how to use this -allowUntrusted

I found this installer line for iLife
sudo installer -dumplog -verbose -allowUntrusted -pkg "path/to/iLife.pkg" -target /

this is a self service printer install policy.
the driver policy is a custom event that gets called, it's always worked so i know it's not a policy issue, it's a high sierra issue with this new Certificate trust

* Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is MX-PBX1<br/>installer: Certificate used to sign package is not trusted. Use -allowUntrusted to override.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I figured something out that got the certificate trusted.

i cached the print driver installer
used execute command with installer -allowUntrusted -pkg ppppppppp -target /

and it installed the driver

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

chris_hansen
Contributor

Suspicious Package and Pacifist can show you what certificate was used to sign the installer, so maybe take a look at the .pkg with one of those tools.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@chris.hansen what can i do once i find the certificate information? I installed the driver on a test laptop and the initial screen shows an untrusted certifacate message, i click allow, and then the rest of the driver install proceeds. Afterwards i look in keychain access and see the certificate

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I figured something out that got the certificate trusted.

i cached the print driver installer
used execute command with installer -allowUntrusted -pkg ppppppppp -target /

and it installed the driver

claudiogardini
Contributor

You can also remove the Certificate entirely as described here. https://managingosx.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/fixing-packages-with-expired-signatures/

chris_hansen
Contributor

Ask the vendor to update the installer with a valid cert?