Site Access

Kristen_Bishop
New Contributor II

Is any one able to walk me through how to set up Site access for a person/group? I currently manage several different devices, lets say, from company X, Y, and Z. Each company is requesting at least one person from their company have site access so they are able to view their devices - can anyone kind of walk me through the set up process or point me to a link that explains it a bit more?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

tuinte
Contributor III

Assuming you have the Sites already created:

1. Settings (gear in upper-right)

2. Jamf Pro User Accounts & Groups

3. Click the "+ New" button

4. Create Standard Account (or LDAP account, if you're using LDAP)

5. Under Access Level, select Site Access

It'll refresh and there will be a Site dropdown where you can select which Site to limit the user's privileges to.

There are a few ways to organize and manage this kind of thing (using Groups, for example), but the above is how you can create an individual user and assign Site-based access.

Kristen_Bishop
New Contributor II

Sounds pretty simple. If we already have a prestage, a different one would have to be created, correct? Allowing them access to the site? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I cannot give them site access to their already developed pre-stage?

tuinte
Contributor III

If there is an existing PreStage Enrollment or PreStage Imaging configuration in your Jamf server that you want this Site-based user to have access to, you just need to move that PreStage Enrollment or PreStage Imaging config into their Site.*

For PreStage Imaging, you can just flip the Site from None (or whatever it is currently) to their Site in the PreStage Imaging item itself.*

For PreStage Enrollment, it pulls Site affiliation from the DEP instance it's using. So first, find that under "Device Enrollment Program Instance" in the PreStage Enrollment in question. Then go Settings > Device Enrollment Program and select the DEP instance that was there in the PreStage. In that, flip the Site from None (or whatever it is currently) to the desired Site.*

SUPER IMPORTANT* - Moving ANYTHING in your Jamf Server to a Site means no other Site can see, use, or manage that thing. So, any changes you're making here to Jamf Server objects, you want to make sure you're not stripping away anything from other Sites that are using/need it. If you're concerned or don't know about the effect of a change like this, contact your Jamf account rep for assistance.

Kristen_Bishop
New Contributor II

Super helpful, thank you!