Skype version check on MAC

SabariG
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is there a way to find Skype version in all the managed mac devices in my company?

I tried with the extension attribute but the script is not populating the results.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

millersc
Valued Contributor
#!/bin/sh
#
# Gets currently installed version of Skype for Business
#
if [ -f "/Applications/Skype for Business.app/Contents/Info.plist" ] ; then
    VERSION=$( defaults read '/Applications/Skype for Business.app/Contents/Info.plist' CFBundleShortVersionString )
else
    VERSION="Not installed"
fi
echo "<result>$VERSION</result>"

Try this. Remember it does need to do a recon before it will populate EA's. It's only going to be the version number (16.3.241) or Not Installed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

millersc
Valued Contributor
#!/bin/sh
#
# Gets currently installed version of Skype for Business
#
if [ -f "/Applications/Skype for Business.app/Contents/Info.plist" ] ; then
    VERSION=$( defaults read '/Applications/Skype for Business.app/Contents/Info.plist' CFBundleShortVersionString )
else
    VERSION="Not installed"
fi
echo "<result>$VERSION</result>"

Try this. Remember it does need to do a recon before it will populate EA's. It's only going to be the version number (16.3.241) or Not Installed.

SabariG
New Contributor III

Thank you so much @millersc :-)

hvuong
New Contributor

Will this EA query for all versions of S4B, specifically version 15 and 16? I have been running this and have found Skype for Business 16 but have not identified any endpoints with version 15. Just wanted to make sure that this applies for S4B 15 as well.

Edit: I don't believe there were actually any versions before 16. Please correct me if i'm wrong.