Slow User logon issues

fhouy
New Contributor

We have a good amount of new iMacs that are very slow to sign in using active directory credentials. The iMacs at the same location that are not on jamf pro log in almost instantly. I have load packages in the background turned on. I have not used jamf for a few years since it was some one else's responsibility. Any help with seeing what properties are applied to the group of computers would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

Is your domain .local by chance?

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

You should look at the slow computer's records in the JSS and see which policies are being applied, and see if those are policies which install packages or run scripts to determine if those policies are better suited for check-in rather than startup/login.

fhouy
New Contributor

No it is the same domain we have a large amount of Windows computers and our company website. that take more than 2 minutes after you type your username and password

Sanchi
Contributor

I have this same issue @fhouy

I'm seeing it on Mac built by Deploy Studio and by Jamf Cloud and on different OS versions ranging from Sierra upward. The common denominator is their FileVault 2 enabled and they're Active Directory accounts which have been locally cached.