Smart Group Creation - Plugin Title with space in name

AKuzenkov
New Contributor III

I have a smart group created for Macs with out of date Flash Player installed. The logic is simply "Plug-in Title has Flash Player.plugin" and " Plug-in Version is not 11.8.800.94"

However the Title logic is faulty. I receive reports of anything that contains "Flash" or "Player". I need it to take "Flash Player.plugin" as one literal string. Encapsulating the string in quotes and escaping the space has not worked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AKuzenkov
New Contributor III

EDIT: Nevermind. I was mistaken. The unquoted string "Flash Player.plugin" produces different results when using it in a Smart Group and when searching it in Inventory.

My issue stemmed from the fact that adding up all of the Flash Player smart groups resulted in a total count greater than my organizations deployed Mac user base.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Please specify the version of JSS you're using and seeing this on, as now there will be some of us still on the 8.x series and others using 9. I haven't seen the above issue under the 8.x versions, but haven't tested this with 9 yet.

AKuzenkov
New Contributor III

EDIT: Nevermind. I was mistaken. The unquoted string "Flash Player.plugin" produces different results when using it in a Smart Group and when searching it in Inventory.

My issue stemmed from the fact that adding up all of the Flash Player smart groups resulted in a total count greater than my organizations deployed Mac user base.