smart group revolving around app path

hdsreid
Contributor III

Is there a way to implement this? I need to detect some of our cisco stuff located at /opt/cisco/ for inventory and have added the path, but then I will get an entry for the app with that path and the standard Applications path

What I need to do is find out who has the correct binaries at that path, regardless of what is in the Applications folder. Is there a built in way to specify this data, or should i have just already added a 3 line detection EA?

5 REPLIES 5

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@hdsreid You want an EA

hdsreid
Contributor III

@sdagley thanks. i actually found a slight difference in the spacing of the .app and got it somewhat figured out.

leadership made it easy by getting rid of doing this in phases and just blasting it out to everyone, regardless of what they already had lol

kcmich
New Contributor

I'd like to revive this thread since there wasn't a real resolution.
I'm trying to do something similar.  I'm trying to create a SmartGroup that contains machines with a specific app installed, but installed in a nonstandard location.  (ex. Visual Studio Code.app installed in ~/Downloads/Visual Studio Code.app).  I want to do this in a SmartGroup so that I can potentially assign it to a policy for remediation.

Any suggestions?   Thanks :)

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@kcmich If you're trying to search for an app installed in a location that you don't want to add to the list of locations a normal inventory scan checks for applications then you'll need to write an Extension Attribute.

mzukrow
New Contributor

Did you figure this out?

Thanks