Snagit 2022 Install successfully failing

Rmac
New Contributor

So I've followed the documentation here: https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007344888-Enterprise-Install-Guidelines-for-Snagi...

And I can't get this thing to install.  Specifically, i'm just trying to push Snagit out to our machines, and will follow up with the license file after I can verify the installer is actually installing the DMG/PKG.

I'm getting mixed answers between the Jamf console and the actual log file.
Jamf: "

Verifying DMG...
Verifying package integrity...
Installing Snagit.dmg...
Closing package...

In the logs all I see is.. "Instaling Snagit.dmg..."

The Dashboard indicates a successful policy push, the logs indicate a lengthy install time, longer than expected at least.

Reviewing the applications folder, it's apparent that it ISNT installed.  I've used the .DMG file directly from TechSmith, as well as trying to use Composer to create one with the same results.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Rmac You cannot simply upload the Snagit 2022 .dmg download from Techsmith to your JSS and then use it as a payload package. Only Composer created .dmgs can be used that way.

You need to use Composer to create a .pkg installer from the Snagit app after you've dragged it into your Applications folder. Be sure to change the Owner/Group to Root/Admin on the app in Composer, then click the button to the right of those settings to apply owner and group to all enclosed items.

DMH2000
Contributor

Siddhi
New Contributor III

Hi All, 
I am packaging Snagit 2023 version and we have Volume License. Once i enter the key it goes to /Users/Shared/TechSmith/Snagit/Licenses. I have embedded this Lic file in package and placed it in this location/Users/Shared/TechSmith/Snagit/Licenses on installation, however when i launch the shortcut the file is replaced and License key is removed. Anyone faced same issue or is there any other way to handle license ?
thanks

@Siddhi   License should go in /Users/Shared/TechSmith/Snagit. NOT a licenses folder.

See https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007344888-Enterprise-Install-Guidelines-for-Snagi...

Siddhi
New Contributor III

@DMH2000 - it doesnt work if *.lic file is placed here /Users/Shared/TechSmith/Snagit. I have tried this link and not sure which option will work.

Sorry then, I've been packaging Snagit since 2020 and it's worked every time. Actually, I have a License folder, here is my setup:

├── Users
             └── Shared
                          └── TechSmith
                                         └── Snagit
                                                       ├── License
                                                       └── LicenseKey

I have been packaging Snagit since 2021 and I actually have a License folder:

├── Users
           └── Shared
                      └── TechSmith
                                 └── Snagit
                                            ├── License