So it's been a few weeks, what's your issues with 10.11?

jardoin1
New Contributor III

So I got burned fairly bad with Yosemite upgrading too early (boss wanted it on release day), and thought I'd wait a bit this time. I plan a phased roll out this go round, but before I get started on this I'd like to know what issues everybody else has run into. So with Yosemite we had major issues with active directory integration until 10.10.3 came out and fixed it. Any complete infrastructure breakers like this in 10.11? General experiences with the upgrade (especially if you have active directory integration) would be great. Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20

MikeV-Holden
New Contributor

It broke the connection between the Internet Accounts system pref and our Exchange server.

clyde
New Contributor III

ActivInspire broke again (usually does after every major update)

Aziz
Valued Contributor

Full screen videos in chrome stutter a lot.

djwojo
Contributor

Our 802 auth config profile for Wifi no longer works.

jardoin1
New Contributor III

Good to know all this. Thanks guys!

tim_rees
Contributor

Most of mine are imaging related:

1. Post Imaging process no longer displays the "Casper imaging is doing stuff" window whilst doing stuff!
  2. ARD configuration doesn't work via script (probably just needs a tweak, but i haven't had time)
  3. OneDrive for Business beta crashes like a boss! (obviously non-imaging related)

An in place upgrade on my machine has worked well (apart from the onedrive app) and I've been suprised at the small amount of issues i've had!

Oh and AD integration... just seems to work (for once!)

sayensu
New Contributor

@tim.rees Have you upgraded to 10.11 and updated Casper to 9.81?

Aziz
Valued Contributor

@tim.rees

Post Imaging process no longer displays the "Casper imaging is doing stuff" window whilst doing stuff!

Same issue, but only on OS X 10.11

@sayensu JSS 9.81

tim_rees
Contributor

Hi @sayensu

Yes that is on 9.81 and 10.11. 10.10.5 with 9.81 is behaving no differently to 9.7 apart from the binary move.

aqnd @Abdiaziz thats what i'm getting too, 10.10.5 images fine, and 10.11 just doesn't show the window. Interestingly, it is doing the policies behind the scenes!!

Tim

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

@tim.rees I think it has to do with _mbsetupuser user login which was introduced in OS X 10.11

TomH
New Contributor III
OneDrive for Business beta crashes like a boss! (obviously non-imaging related)

@tim.rees Ive been trying the newer OneDrive sync client, seem's to work well in 10.11, doesn't crash like the old one!

44f63e0556614bb8bad13deec7549b68

tim_rees
Contributor

@TomH I don't believe the normal OneDrive client does OneDrive for Business accounts, hence the separate applications.

Hopefully microsoft will release more than a beta for OneDrive for Business soon, won't hold my breath, but I can live without it for the moment!!

TomH
New Contributor III

@tim.rees thats my business account on the latest business sync beta.

Cheers,

Tom

tim_rees
Contributor

@TomH where did you get that version from?? We still have 15 (the one on the MS web site!!)

Retrac
Contributor

TomH
New Contributor III

m_higgins
Contributor

I have a few issues. office 2016 is crashing on a regular basis.

CoRD crashes regularly

Filemaker Pro crashes if you have more than one window open

Thats it for me

Malcolm
Contributor II

The only thing I am truely worried about is mysql not functioning.

As for office 2016, if you latest updates you should be ok.

wmateo
Contributor

@TomH that is for the consumer version of one drive. not the Business version.

TomH
New Contributor III

@wmateo it does both consumer and business, you can go into it and add a business account which is what i am using it with :)

Cheers,

Tom