IBM normalized their installation namespaces on Mac/Windows, and changed where they store the license server settings inside a file called "/Applications/IBM SPSS Statistics/Resources/Activation/commutelicense.ini".
I wrote a script to update this - its similar to the spssprod.inf file. On launch however I get this popup:
Clicking "apply existing license" goes right into the app and checks out a license. The warning doesn't come back.
I found that some setting (where I'm not sure) is stored in a file called "com.ibm.spss.plist" in the user profile preferences folder. I can't of course just copy this over to an existing profile because it has many hard coded paths to my user profile inside it.
Anyone else run into this issue? I'll likely bounce the issue off IBM support, but I thought I'd ask here as well.
I've been doing the same process you've been doing for years and I'm getting the same result. I went to running this script post install and seems to make everything work as it should.
#!/bin/sh SERVERPATH="FQDN Server Goes Here" ACTIVATIONPATH="/Applications/IBM SPSS Statistics/Resources/Activation" cd "$ACTIVATIONPATH" ./licenseactivator LSHOST=$SERVERPATH COMMUTE_MAX_LIFE=7
Yeah… but it was pretty hacky. I spoke with their support and they said
that for proper licensing and install the install package had to be called
from an install script. So I created a new package that placed their
package into a temp location. Then used post install script on the new
package to call their package and license. --
James Herrin Jr
*Desktop Support Group*
Thank you! I'm embarrassed to say that I misunderstood my own environment, and actually was able to use the script posted earlier in order to use our license server (we have both a server license and local licenses).
Just a heads up, you may want to make sure that the last part of your script isn't a license code. I haven't tested your script but you probably want to make sure that's unpublished if it is 🙂