Suggestions for a Catalina compatible typing program for elementary students

psherotov
Contributor

Hello,

Our K12 Coordinator has used Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing for many years and we are now facing finding a different program because they have not reeleased a 64-bit version yet.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :-)

6 REPLIES 6

Damon_Byg
New Contributor III

Have you looked at Web-based typing sites? Our district has moved from computer based typing programs to web-based sites, because we're still in the process of switching all of our students over to using Chromebooks instead of MacBooks. We will still have MacBooks for very specific things.

psherotov
Contributor

@Damon.Byg Do you have a web based site you'd recommend? I was looking at https://www.lwtears.com/kwt

I was also looking at an app: Typing Fingers, which looked pretty nice for elementary students.

Damon_Byg
New Contributor III

Unfortunately I do not have a specific site that we use in our distrcit. After looking at one of our building's websites I found sixteen different typing sites that they use to teach typing to our elementary students. I think they allow the students to choose which site they want to learn typing from.

psherotov
Contributor

@Damon.Byg I take it these are free sites? Could you list a few? Thanks so much!

Damon_Byg
New Contributor III

I'm not 100% sure if these are free or not. But the entire list on the one school's site is the following. A lot of these are from www.abcya.com

1. Typing Club - www.typingclub.com
  2. Typetastic - typetastic.com
  3. www.roomrecess.com
  4. play.typeracer.com
  5. 10fastfingers.com
  6. Keyboard Zoo - www.abcya.com/games/keyboarding_practice
  7. Keyboard Zoo 2 - www.abcya.com/games/keyboarding_practice_2
  8. Ghost Typing Jr - www.abcya.com/games/ghost_typing_jr
  9. Cup Stack Typing - www.abcya.com/games/cup_stack_typing_game
  10. Typing Rocket - www.abcya.com/games/typing_rocket
  11. Ghost Typing - www.abcya.com/games/ghost_typing
  12. Typing Race - www.abcya.com/games/typing_race_cars
  13. Keyboard Challenge - www.abcya.com/games/keyboard_challenge
  14. Keyboard Climber - www.tvokids.com/school-age/games/keyboard-climber
  15. Keyboard Climber 2 - www.tvokids.com/school-age/games/keyboard-climber-2

Apparently one of the links on our site no longer works, so I had to remove it from the list.

psherotov
Contributor

@Damon.Byg Thank you!!! That's awesome :-)