Supervised iPads require touch-confirmation to install profiles in Configurator 2

nextyoyoma
Contributor

Perhaps not exactly a Jamf question, but not sure where else to ask this.

We have a cart of iPads that are enrolled and supervised in Jamf via DEP/Pre-stage enrollment. We use configurator to push new network profiles. When I try to apply the blueprint with the profile, I get a message that the iPads are not supervised, and therefore require confirmation on the device, even though the devices show "Yes" in the "Supervised" column of AC2.

Is this expected behavior? Is there something else I need to do to be able to have no-touch management from AC2 for these jamf-supervised iPads?

2 REPLIES 2

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

You need to have the same supervision identity in both Jamf Pro and Apple Configurator 2. You can either create one in AC2 or in Jamf and then move it to the other. Once you have the Supervision Identity in Jamf, go in to your Automated Device Enrollment settings and change Supervision Identity to use with Apple Configurator. That should allow you to access the iPads with AC2 without having to confirm on the device.

nextyoyoma
Contributor

Currently the supervision identity is showing "None." When I try to change it to the relevant identity, it just reverts back to None after save. Any ideas what's going on there?